Spring is in the air -- and that means it's time for a good deep cleaning! We've rounded up 5 tips to help guide your spring cleaning this year. Slide on your favorite pair of Tidewaters, and let's get to it!:
1) Make a list. Take stock of your home and determine which areas need the most attention. There are likely rooms or areas you skip during routine cleaning most of the time (maybe that closet full of craft supplies you've been wanting to tackle for months), and those are often the best place to start. As you check things off the list, you'll feel more and more accomplished!
2) Start at the top. (The ceiling, that is.) That way, the dust, cobwebs, and debris will come down to the floor and you can clean that up last to get everything squeakyclean, top to bottom.
3) Declutter. Use this as an opportunity to get rid of things your family isn't using. Fill up bags to donate, and you'll get the added bonus of the psychological benefits that come with ditching the extra STUFF in your home.
4) Don't forget to change filters. Air filters, water filters in the fridge -- these are easy things to overlook. Take time to replace them and you'll breathe easier (literally!) as a result.
5) Take your time in the kitchen. Remove the shelves and drawers from the refrigerator and wash them in warm, soapy water. Deep clean the oven and microwave. Run vinegar and water through your coffee maker to helpclean the machine. Remove plates and other items from your cabinets, then scrub them. It's a time-consuming task, but it feels amazing when you're done!
If you have any favorite spring cleaning tips, please share them in the comments section below!